Investing in early-stage tech companies is very exciting and can be enormously rewarding.
However, startup investments are very risky and therefore business angels need a specific set of skills and knowledge. The first step is often the hardest: What do I have to consider before investing? Which mistakes are frequently made? And how do I find access to good investment opportunities and other business angels?
This workshop introduces the entire life cycle of an early stage investment, from finding suitable investment properties to successful exits.
- 10:00-11:00 – Dealflow. How do I find and rate the best startup deals?
- 11:00-12:00 – Financial and legal aspects. Overview of valuation and typical deal terms for startup investments.
- 12:00-13:00 – Lunch break.
- 13:00-14:00 – Portfolio-Management. Monitoring and supporting startups.
- 15:00-16:00 – Exit-Strategies. When and how to successfully sell shares.
- 16:00-17:00 – Q&A